Rolex is truly a watch of luxury; the brand is famous for outstanding performance, innovative watch engineering and exquisite design. The brand was founded in London in 1905 by Hans Wildorf and Alfred Davis, however moved its head quarters to the luxury watch capital of the world, Switzerland in 1919. Every watch manufactured by the brand is certainly a masterpiece in design and watch technology.
Rolex Submariner-Date model 16610, with a water resistance of 300 meters. This model was first produced in 1989.
What is Special about the Rolex?
- Rolex created the first waterproof wristwatch in the form of the “Oyster” in 1926.
- Rolex is the official time keeper of the famous Wimbledon grand Slam as well as the Australian Open.
- Rolex created the first wristwatch to show two time zones at one time in the Rolex GMT Master II.
- The first wristwatch to be manufactured with an automatically changing date on the dial in the form of the Rolex Datejust.
- In 1927 young English swimmer named Mercedes Gleitze crossed the English Channel wearing at Rolex Oyster – it remained in perfect working condition after the event.
- Sir Edmund Hillary reached the top of Everest wearing Oyster Perpetuals.
Rolex is certainly a watch brand of ‘firsts’ making it one of the most innovative brands in the entire world. The history of the Rolex is incredibly interesting; it isn’t hard to see why it is one of the most famous watch brands of all time.
The Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust
Although, most Rolex watch models are hugely world renowned, the Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust created in 1945 is arguably the most famous of them all. As the first self-winding chronometer to include a date aperture on the dial, it was and continues to be one of the most revolutionary wristwatches in the world of luxury watch design. Classic in design and undeniably elegant it is one of the most recognisable and sought after watches in the world.
At Martins of Glasgow, we understand that luxury watches should last you a lifetime, but like any other wristwatch they require care to keep them in the best possible condition. We offer Rolex watch repairs of the highest standard using official replacement parts where possible. It is recommended that your Rolex watch is serviced every couple of years or so and that is something that we can offer you. For more information about out Rolex watch services then please do not hesitate to get in contact please phone us on 0141 946 6333 or visit us in store.