Watch Service Procedure
When servicing a watch, the following work is undertaken. Some items may not be applicable to your specific watch.
- Open the case, remove the movement.
- Remove the hands and dial from the movement.
- If replacing the complete movement, ignore items IV through VIII.
- Strip down the movement into its individual components.
- Check whether the watch parts function correctly, checking for rust or wear.
- Determine if any parts require replacing. Estimate to client if required.
- Wash the stripped down movement in cleaning machine with specific baths.
- Assemble and lubricate the movement. (Several different grades of lubricant may used when lubricating a watch)
- Adjust the movement in accordance with our quality criteria.
- Fit the dial and the hands.
- Bench test & final adjustment of the movement.
- Ultrasonic cleaning of the case and bracelet.
- Polish the case and the bracelet. (This is not refurbishing. Refurbishing costs from £50.00)
- Re-assemble the case.
- Close the case and check the water-resistance (if appropriate).
- Set the correct time on the watch, check the cleanliness and the functioning of the assembled watch.
- Bench test over 24 hours. If not satisfactory, the watch is returned to the watchmaker for the necessary corrections.
- Fit the bracelet or strap and carry out a final check before returning the watch to you.