Rolex watches are one of the world’s most popular, expensive and valued brand of watches. Therefore, maintaining a Rolex watch is important; not just because you, the customer, have spent a great amount of money on purchasing the watch, but so that you can reap the financial benefits if you decide to trade your prestigious Rolex for another watch.
So while you can always rely on our watch repairing specialists, this article will give you some useful tips on maintaining your Rolex watch to ensure your watch lasts longer and has a greater value should you decide to trade.
A good way to keep your Rolex in excellent condition is to get it serviced on a regular basis. Our specialists include screw, bezel and case makers that will restore your timepiece to its original magnificence preventing any chance of permanent damage. Our friend and colleague Graham who carries out our Rolex Watch Servicing has the reputation of being one of the best refinishers in the UK. Rolexes are built to last and having your watch serviced regularly will help extend its life span.
Wearing your Rolex watch on a daily basis can quickly cause your watch to get dirty, even making it lose its flash. Keep your watch sparkling and clean! The dirt can not only affect the look of the watch, but it can also affect the way it works. Believe it or not, you can actually wash your Rolex, as the Rolex Oyster Technology offers water resistance up to 300 meters on most models of the brand.
But if your model is not waterproof it is advised to avoid getting your watch wet. Also to maintain its refined look and evade scratching, it is best to avoid contact with water unless you are cleaning the watch.
Here are some useful tips to take when cleaning your Rolex watch. You should always start by cleaning your hands to get rid of excess filth and grease and then follow the steps below:
- Right before you start cleaning your Rolex, check that the winding crown is firmly attached to the case to prevent any water from penetrating the interior of the watch.
- Use lukewarm water and rinse off the watch to remove any lose elements, then use ammonia free soap mixed with mild soap to smoothly wash the outside of the watch.
- Use your hands to smear the soapy combination.
- An old and soft toothbrush can make it easy to remove all the filth from any gaps, especially between bracelet links which can be a hassle to clean. After you have finished washing, lightly immerse the Rolex in the water, doing so in short intervals. Keep using the lukewarm water and softly wash away the remaining soap and filth.
- Lastly use a cloth/napkin to softly get the watch dry, using a blow dryer set on low can be efficient in drying hard to reach places, such as in between links.
Wearing it often
You’ve spent a lot of money on purchasing a Rolex watch, so why wouldn’t you want to wear it often? Wearing a Rolex not only brings pleasure to you, the owner, but it also keeps the watch running. Rolex’s continuous motion movements are kept in action through the subtle motions of the wrist. Therefore, to keep you from having to wind the watch, it’s important to wear it or softly rock it roughly every 2 days.
Other Things to Consider
Our expert tips can help you maintain your Rolex watch for many years to come, keeping the value of your watch high, as well as presenting you with a beautiful timepiece to enjoy for many years to come. However, if you don’t feel confident with cleaning the watch yourself, and would like to speak to one of our horological experts, all you have to do is get in touch!
You can also read out spotlight on this amazing brand here.